Q: Car not starting suddenly battery fully charged and hear a high pitch whine noise after a few attempts to start it

Whine noise after attempting to start a few times battery fully charged and hear small high pitch whining after a few attempts , cranked weakly at first but now not even a click or it may sound like a pathetic partial attempt after a week ago it started just fine.

Hi there. In most cases, the whining noise you hear after cranking the engine over is the starter gear not engaging with flywheel. In most cases, this indicates the starter needs to be replaced. However, it could also indicate a failure of the starter solenoid. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection first before completing repairs.

3. Car not starting suddenly battery fully charged and hear a high pitch whine noise after a few attempts to start it