Q: Car not starting on first attempt

My car won't turn over on the first try. Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to get it started.

It sounds like your ignition switch is going bad. The ignition switch is attached to the cylinder that you turn with the key. When the contact inside this switch starts to wear out, it will intermittently not make contact. This would explain why the vehicle will not turn over until the key is turned several times. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They will be able to properly diagnose and repair what is causing your car not to start.