Q: Car not starting like it should.

The car will not start. I had the water pump and timing belt replaced about a month ago.

A: Hello. If your car is not cranking over whe...

Hello. If your car is not cranking over when you try starting it then it may be something as simple as a dead battery or a failing starter. If the engine is cranking over then there may be some issues with the work that was done or it may be something completely different. If the timing belt slipped then the engine will not start. Most of the time when you get a crank, no start on your car it is due to a crank sensor problem. A mechanic would start by installing a computer scan tool to see if there are any codes and to see if there is a crank signal. If there is no cranking signal then the crank sensor is more than likely bad. At that point it would need to be determined if the engine is lacking fuel or spark. If this is too in-depth for you to get into you should get some help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.