Q: car not starting errors

My Saturn wouldn't start about 6 weeks ago. I added coolant and took it to the shop for servicing the engine cooling system. The car started up right away at the shop so they were not able to evaluate the starting problem. There was a Catalytic Converter sysem error code in the memory. I know that the emissions sensors or emissions control system needs to be serviced because the light has been on for some time. And when the light went out it came back on again within a few weeks. That transmission has intermittant problems with an error code in the system. I wonder if a sensor is causing it to have long shift problems so inconsistently. I had the transmission serviced and has less shifting problems. Can you help please?

The fault codes need to be read out of the various vehicle control modules to determine the scope of issues that need to be corrected. Faulty sensor inputs can lead to a series of malfunctions, some of which could compromise the safety of the vehicle. My recommendation is to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to conduct a complete inspection of your vehicle and provide service recommendations to correct the various issues with your car.

3. car not starting errors