Q: Q: Car not starting due to battery

My car is not starting. I believe it is the battery, but I am not sure.

If the engine is not cranking over at all, then it is more than likely the battery. I typically do a load test on the battery first as that tells me if the battery is good. If it does not pass, then I replace it. If it tests fine then the problem is typically in the starter. When the starter fails this will occur. Testing for voltage at the starter when someone tries cranking it is the only way to test the starter. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s starting issue and replace the battery if necessary.

3. Q: Car not starting due to battery