Q: car not starting

I removed the driver seat of the car carefully not to disrupt the electrical connections under the seat that come through the floor boards. Then one of the connections popped off without any tension at all. I plugged it back together. Now the car does not start / crank. I found online that if you turn the ignition on and leave it on for ten minutes it might work. Also disconnedted the battery cables and wired them together overnight. both didn't work.

Please help.

Thank You,

Dennis

If the vehicle worked normally prior to your work on the seat, it would appear that something has happened with the circuits (wiring, terminal connections) in the vicinity of the seat. All of that wiring should simply be verified first including making sure that there is continuity "through" each terminal of any connectors that might have been disturbed. It is also possible to have a wire break which would be completely invisible as such breaks are often concealed by the plastic wire insulation. Very simply, if you turn the key and there is no starter engagement, no click, no nothing, that circuit initially simply has to be traced from the power source, which is the battery, to the load in this case the starter. Using that strategy you will find the electrical fault. Also, check to see if perhaps a ground wire or terminal was damaged or dislodged. Without a ground connection on the vehicle body, electrical components on the car will not work. YourMechanic can dispatch an Auto Electric specialist to identify the wiring/component fault and resolve it for you. Such a diagnostic is performed on a mobile basis, right to your door, so you need not bring the car anywhere.