Q: Car not starting after sitting

My car has been sitting. It has a new battery and fuel, but it will not crank. I also think there might be some damage to the brakes on the rear driver's side.

A: I will assume when you say the vehicle will...

I will assume when you say the vehicle will not crank, the dashboard illuminates and the engine does not turn over. In this case, the vehicles starter or starter circuit may have experienced a malfunction.

The starter is the device that spins the engine over when the ignition key is turned. If the engine does crank or turn over and does not continue running the fault may lay along a different route. Have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look over the starting system as well as check air metering and fuel delivery to determine why your car is not starting. As for the damage to the brakes, have the technician pull off the wheel and closely inspect the brake hardware and wheel for issues.