Q: Car not shifting right

My car won't move when the transmission is shifted to Drive, or Reverse.

3. Car not shifting right

Q: Getting harder to shift into first gear. Car sometimes shutters when accelerating in first.

This may suggest the transmission synchros may be wearing out. Your transmission has small gear synchronizer rings that help to move the transmission in and out of the various gears. When these begin to wear out, you may notice it...

Q: Knocking noise valve clatter

Hello. It's quite possible, even likely, that the crankshaft bearing journals are worn out of specification. Replacing the rod bearings only does not compensate for a worn crankshaft rod (or main) bearing journal. It's also possible the oil pump pressure/volume...

Q: How do I fix my cruise control?

Hello - check all fuses to be sure you don't have a blown fuse on a related circuit (cruise control, brake lights, ABS system). These can all affect cruise control operation. Make sure your brake lights are working, and that...