Q: Car not moving when driving

When driving, my car doesn't move. I give it gas and shift the gears, but nothing happens. I checked my coolant and noticed it was low, so maybe my car is overheating.

It sounds like the transmission isn’t engaging. This could be a linkage issue, where the shifter isn’t moving the gear selector on the transmission, or there is an internal failure with the transmission. If your vehicle was overheating the temperature gauge would be in the red zone. I would suggest having a qualified technician diagnose why your car is not moving in order to get you on the road again.

3. Car not moving when driving