Q: Car not going into second gear

My car won't go into second gear. I had it checked and I think it's a stretched shifter cable. The gear shifter goes into every other gear just fine.

3. Car not going into second gear

Q: Car accelerates very slow when it hits 20 mph and neutral shift on dash starts to blink.

Either the transmission has thrust bearings or bushings that are worn causing the internal parts to go out of balance or there is an issue with the fluid is low causing the gears to slip. If the fluid is full...

Q: Q: Car will not go into gear

Hi. Your vehicle has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a shift interlock system. If you can move the gear selector through the options but the vehicle does not move, the problem is likely internal to the transmission. If you...

Q: Q: Car still overheating

There are still a few more things to check beside the thermostat. The cooling fan, water pump, and radiator all need to be checked. If the engine is overheating while traveling at a constant speed above 20mph, you can scratch...