Q: Car not going into gear after coil replacement

I removed the transmission to replace the coil. When I put it back on, the car would not go in drive, only reverse. I took the transmission back off and put it back on and now it won't even go into reverse. I had a problem before where I had to shift my automatic transmission into low, then 2, then 3, and finally into drive to get it to go. That was the reason I replaced the coil in the first place.

Hi, it sounds like there is an issue with the overall pressure in the transmission since you are no longer able to select any gear. Make sure to check the following; correct fluid levels, correct fluid type, and that your gear linkages are in the correct spot. If the issue persists, you should take the transmission to a certified technician, preferably one at a shop specializes in transmissions to inspect and fix your gears.

3. Car not going into gear after coil replacement