Q: Car not going into drive or park

The car is stuck in reverse and will not go into drive or park.

A: If the shifter will not move, then the shif...

If the shifter will not move, then the shift cable may have seized or the shifter assembly may have broke internally. If the shifter is moving, but there is no response from the car then the shift cable may have broke and disconnected from the transmission. I would typically start by checking to see if the cable is moving at the transmission to know where to start. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your car’s transmission to determine why it is not going into park.