Q: Q: Car not cranking

My car is not cranking, and there is no spark to the ignition coil.

With all the computer systems on cars today it should be no surprise that our ignition system is controlled by the computer. Most cars have a sensor that tells the computer when the car is cranking so that it can deliver the spark. If the car is not cranking at all, the computer will not deliver spark or inject fuel. The solution is to figure out why the car is not cranking. If your battery voltage is below 10.5 the car will seem fine but it will not crank, in which case we need to recharge the battery. A faulty starter will also cause a no crank condition. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to help you diagnose the no cranking condition and get your car back on the road.

3. Q: Car not cranking