Q: Q: Car not cranking or starting

My car will neither crank nor start. The battery is strong and all of the electrical and ACC lights come on and are strong, with no dimming when the key is turned to start the vehicle. When I turn the key, there is no sound at all. I have tried starting the car in neutral, pressing the brake and hard cycling though the security lock/unlock, and turning the key from off to on several times in a row. It had been doing this intermittently with no apparent reason or pattern for the past 6 months. It started happening more often and now won't start at all. When it does start, it would catch right away.

The most common cause for a no crank on these vehicles is the starter motor. I suggest getting the power to the starter motor checked when the vehicle is not cranking. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle’s starting issue and determine what repairs will be needed to have this repaired properly. They will be able to perform the correct repairs and replace your starter if necessary.

3. Q: Car not cranking or starting