Q: Car not always starting and going slow when it does.

My car will not start most of the time and when it does it will not go over 20 MPH.

3. Car not always starting and going slow when it does.

Q: Transmission slipping between first gear and second gear

Hello. The transmission in your vehicle is 14 years old and has 160,000 miles on it. It is most likely starting to slip as a result of normal wear and tear. It is probable that the first and second clutches...

Q: I just bought a new battery, but periodically, my car would not start, this was in late winter.

You may be right about some kind of drain, or it could be that the alternator is functioning, but is weak. Either way a charging system test should reveal the problem. A technician can hook an ammeter up to the...

Q: How do I start the car if the immobilizer system is active?

The immobilizer system is responsible for keeping the car from turning on with an unregistered key. If the system is not allowing you to turn on the vehicle with a registered key, it is likely because of the presence of...