Q: Car not acclerating in gear

Yeaterday on my way home my car began to loose accleration while in gear , when i shifted to a lower gear due to slowing down there was still no accleration . Finally my car came to a stop and in first gear my engine just reved woth no accleration.

It is possible that your clutch may have failed. When the clutch pedal is pressed down, this usually activates a switch that enables the engine to be started. There is no mechanical connection between the engine and the clutch. This is likely why the engine stayed running. Also, when a clutch fails, the shifter can usually still be moved into different gear selections. The problem is that your transmission may not actually be engaging in the gear you have choosen. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified transmission professional to verify this diagnosis. If the clutch requires replacement, have it replaced in order to resolve this issue.

3. Car not acclerating in gear