Q: Car misfired & jumped lane; fortunately no other car involved

While I was driving, my car misfired and literally jumped a lane; then it went into limp mode. Fortunately, no one was beside my car or there would have been an accident. I noticed that in the past there had been a customer campaign because of my type of engine, N63, so there are others who have had this same problem. The auto shop has tried to repair my car, but still haven't repaired it correctly. Can you please give me a list of possible causes for this problem?

The N63 has had some problems in the past. The most common problems for this engine include timing chains, crankcase ventilation, fuel injectors, fuel lines, vacuum pumps and MAF sensors. Any of these have the potential to cause the vehicle to go into limp mode and misfire. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the misfiring issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Car misfired & jumped lane; fortunately no other car involved