Q: Car may have gas leak

The car may have a gas leak, and it shifts too easily into reverse instead of second gear.

Hello. If your car may have a gas leak, a technician can inspect the gas leak issue. Most of the time the leak is in one of the rubber sections of the fuel line. As for the shifting, if you cannot get it into reverse, then the shift linkage may be binding. It is common for the linkage to become dry and corroded at its joints and cause this issue. A mechanic would typically get the vehicle in the air and see if they can move this linkage by hand. I would get some help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the shifting issue your vehicle is having.