Q: Car making noises when starting and turning.

The car is making noise when turning and is really loud when starting.

Hi, if your noise is a whining or moaning type noise it could be an issue with your power steering system. There are several components to the system, and close inspection is vital for a proper diagnosis. A leak in the hydraulic system of the power steering will cause a noise because the system is low on fluid. If the noise is louder when the car is fist started, for example in the morning, and gets quieter as the day goes on the power steering pump could be going out. If it’s more of a high pitch sound, your belt tensioner could be weak. A technician should be able to properly diagnose the problem for you.