Q: Car makes noises and jumps when turning driving straight js okay. I believe its cv axld but mechanic said it was transmission.

Car makes noises and jumps when turning driving straight js okay. I believe its cv axld but mechanic said it was transmission. The car drives good. Makes good shifts. Accelerates fine. Just makes noise when turning. Very loud clavking as if metal falling of and scraping . Mechanic said it was what went inside the transmission that hold cc axle in. But do not bekive him. Getting second evaluation tmr.

The problem sounds like it’s in the transaxle. When turning the two axles, turn at different speeds and the transaxle gears will allow them to normally turn. In your case, the spider differential limited slip gears are binding causing the jumping. Have the transaxle inspected and diagnosed by a transmission mechanic.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, contact a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the noise you’re hearing and the rough driving symptoms firsthand.

• Car makes noises and jumps when turning driving straight js okay. I believe its cv axld but mechanic said it was transmission.