Q: Car makes grinding noise - 1996 Chevrolet Corsica

I've noticed some sight noise in my car lately. It is coming from the bottom of the vehicle, where my feet are. This is an intermittent grinding and thumping noise. There is no noise when I first put it in drive upon starting the car. However, as I drive, the noise starts occurring up to the point when I reach around 45 mph. The noise then disappears again. When I put the car in reverse, it doesn't make any noise. What could make this noise? Are there any parts I need to replace?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in. I would h...

Hey there, thanks for writing in. I would have a professional mechanic check out the constant velocity joints on your vehicle. One or more of them may be worn enough to cause the noises you describe. S/he can diagnose and replace any failed CV joints.