Q: Car makes a ticking noise when turned on, and when accelerated, ticking frequency increases. Is it a bent push rod maybe?

Car makes a ticking noise when turned on, and when accelerated, ticking frequency increases. Is it a bent push rod maybe?

Your engine does not have push rods. The noise may be a worn cam lobe or tappet. The noise can come from lack of lubrication to the valve train if maintenance was not done and there is sludge build up in the engine. Make sure you are using 5w20 in your engine also. If the trouble continues, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and make the appropriate repairs.

3. Car makes a ticking noise when turned on, and when accelerated, ticking frequency increases. Is it a bent push rod maybe?