Q: Car made ticking noise for only 5 mins then died

Car made ticking noise when accelerating. We pulled over to check and when we went to turn on the car it died. The battery also died too

3. Car made ticking noise for only 5 mins then died

Q: My car is overheating. I have to run the heater to keep the temperature gauge on the half mark.

Hi - there are a couple of possibilities for your overheating situation. The thermostat may not be opening properly, preventing hot water from circulating to and cooling in the radiator. The water pump may be failing and can't circulate enough...

Q: My hazard lights wont shut off. The button wires have been cut for awhile but now the hazards won't shut off and I pulled the fuse to no avail.

Hi there. It sounds like you're getting feedback through the circuits; this is when a normally off circuit gets power or ground from another circuit through an open or short. You'll need a digital volt/ohm meter, the electrical wiring diagram,...

Q: Kia Optima hesitates when in gear. Does not while in park. It has slowly became worse over the course of many months. It still dr

If the transmission is not faulty (e.g., clutches slipping) and thus the problem is engine related, among the possible causes of the hesitation are faults in the throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, a clogged fuel filter, defective...