Q: Car made ticking noise for only 5 mins then died

Car made ticking noise when accelerating. We pulled over to check and when we went to turn on the car it died. The battery also died too

Hi There, A number of things may have caused the ticking sound you describe such as a faulty fuel injector, low engine oil or possibly an exhaust leak. Generally, an exhaust leak or low engine oil would not cause the engine to die, however a faulty fuel injector may cause this. If the charging system is faulty causing the battery to die, this may also cause problems with getting the proper amount of voltage to the fuel injectors as well causing them to produce a clicking sound as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.

3. Car made ticking noise for only 5 mins then died