Q: Car lost power and stalled

My car has a mileage of approximately 60,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission. Recently, it has been stalling. When it happened, the weather was very hot and I was driving a longer distance. The AC was on. It was first losing power and eventually stalled. I pulled over and tried to restart it. Then, while idling, the RPM was around 250. I attempted to put it in gear but it stalled once again so I turned it off completely for about 20 minutes and then managed to start it up. Any ideas what could cause this?

Hello there. It’s kind of odd that your 2011 Mazda2 is exhibiting this issue with so few miles on it. However, many different faults can cause the vehicle to stall. The most common would be the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, battery, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor or a vacuum leak. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the car’s stalling issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Car lost power and stalled