Q: Car lost acceleration and battery keeps draining?

I bought this car used off an individual and the first instance I had, I was driving to work in the a.m., as I was driving, I lost acceleration and my battery light was flickering. At that point it was shuddering. We put it to the side of the road and my friend came back and picked me up. After work, we jumped the battery, and it started almost immediately. It reversed just fine, then as soon as I put it in 1st, no acceleration again and died again. Towed to an auto repair, they ran tests and it pulled 6 codes, all fuels and emissions. They said that instead of not knowing where to begin, a ford dealer may have better experience with the issue. Ford replaced my battery, said no other codes. ran fine for 5 days, then the same thing in a drive thru. Ford jump started it, drove a little, then it stalled. They towed it, ran diagnostics and got the same codes. Towed to another repair shop and they put gas in and it started. First day, drove great. Last night, it died as soon as I got home.

Hi there:

It appears as if you’re receiving some really poor mechanical service; especially if two different mechanics have pulled 6 error codes and not actually fixed or addressed those issues. The battery issue might be caused by a faulty alternator or battery temperature sensor; which impacts the recharging of the battery. The acceleration and engine dying issues are most likely caused by mechanical or electrical sensor issues that triggered those error codes. Before you spend more money on ’repairs’, contact one of our mobile mechanics complete a check engine light inspection so they can determine why those error codes keep showing up and inspect the components that are causing the engine issue’s. They can also complete a battery is not holding a charge inspection while they are there.

3. Car lost acceleration and battery keeps draining?