Q: Car loses power. 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300D

My car starts well and when the engine is still cold it usually has no issues. However, when the engine warms up, the car seems to lose power during acceleration or even during downshifting. I had the vacuum pump replaced but it is the same. I pressure tested the vacuum hoses and there are no leaks. What could be the issue?

Hello. It sounds like there is a problem with the turbo system. There could be a bad wastegate, the turbocharger could be wearing out, or other components to the turbocharger system may be malfunctioning. I suggest that you have the turbocharger system checked out for any worn or damaged parts. If you need help having the problem scoped out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the loss of power and assist with repairs.