Q: Car lock issue

I'm having trouble with my locks. When I use the fob, there's no beep. Somtimes all the doors won't open and sometimes I can get in from the passenger side when the driver's door won't open. It's strange and so annoying! What is causing this?

A: The problem may be in the driver’s door lat...

The problem may be in the driver’s door latch and actuator. However, I would first try to replace the battery in the key fob. If the problem continues, then the system would need to be checked to see if one or more door latch switches are not closing. This would cause the system to not arm since it thinks a door is open still. If you’d like, you could have the doors inspected by a technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose your door’s locking issue and make the correct repair for your situation.