Q: Car klonks out at the lights.

The car switches off every now and then at the lights. When it switches off generally you can switch on straight away if you give it a rev. It quite annoying because you can't really tell when it's going to happen generally not in very ideal locations.

Very frustrating to have your engine die unexpectedly. It sounds like you may be describing that your Volvo won’t idle. This can be caused by a dirty throttle body or idle air control. They can be inspected and cleaned by a technician. I’d suggest getting your vehicle looked at by a qualified technician to pinpoint the cause of your stall. A tech can also use a scan tool that will communicate with the Volvo to locate any diagnostic trouble codes (DTC’s) stored in your vehicle’s computer. The codes are used to help diagnose and fix the root cause of issues like you are experiencing.