Q: Car kills out within 30 secs or so after starting.

Changed fuel pump and fuel filter. Fuel pressure checked good with guage. Would fuel preassure regulator cause it to kill out?

A: There are many things that can cause the mo...

There are many things that can cause the motor to stall, but generally if the motor will run at all, this suggests that spark is not an issue and that it is most likely related to fuel delivery. Fuel delivery problems may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your stalling problem.