Q: Car keeps stalling

My car keeps stalling. I took it to a repair shop and they tried to fix it. They said it was possibly a piston problem. They were able to get it started, but it cut off again.

Hi. Your vehicle may be experiencing an over heating issue. Also the stalling can be due to a drop in pressure in your intake system or due to a loss in fuel pressure and/or spark as well. If a repair shop pointed in the direction of a "piston" chances are they detected a loss of compression in one or multiple cylinders. I’d suggest getting a second opinion on the diagnosis of your car stalling problem.

3. Car keeps stalling