Q: Car keeps shutting off while im driving but cranks right back up in 3 minutes

I have a 98 Honda civic ex with over 240,000 miles on it recently it has begun shutting off while I'm driving the CD player turn signals gauges everything that lights up shuts off so I have to pull over and crank it back up in 3 minutes Nome of the mechanics I've asked know what's wrong with it I had it check at an advance auto parts store but there wasn't any code to describe what was wrong

If the car just shuts down with no warning, sputtering,etc, it sounds like your ignition switch is failing. It will not set any fault codes or turn the Check Engine Light on.

There was a recall on a number of Honda models for this specific problem. You may want to check with your local Honda dealer or by running your VIN number on safercar.gov to see if the recall covers your car. If so, then the repair should be at no charge.

• Car keeps shutting off while im driving but cranks right back up in 3 minutes