Q: Car keeps overheating, the cap will not fit on the radiator

Car keeps over heating , first the thermostat was bad so I replaced that first , ran good for a while now it over heats again, my cap leaks and I've tried 9 different ones now and can't seem to find the correct one the radiator is 2 years old at most but seems like a cheapo one some one threw in. I did compression test and came back good, my fan works and comes on when it gets warm , I let it run with cap off and the coolant level fluctuated and bubbled periodically so I think the water pump is ok , I can't seem to fix the issue could the cap be the root of the problem, I've tried all auto stores around and none work