Q: Car keeps overheating, the cap will not fit on the radiator

Car keeps over heating , first the thermostat was bad so I replaced that first , ran good for a while now it over heats again, my cap leaks and I've tried 9 different ones now and can't seem to find the correct one the radiator is 2 years old at most but seems like a cheapo one some one threw in. I did compression test and came back good, my fan works and comes on when it gets warm , I let it run with cap off and the coolant level fluctuated and bubbled periodically so I think the water pump is ok , I can't seem to fix the issue could the cap be the root of the problem, I've tried all auto stores around and none work

3. Car keeps overheating, the cap will not fit on the radiator