Q: Car keeps getting hot and shuts off

The car was getting hot so we replaced the fan as well as the ecm. It did fine, I went to work and came to a stoplight and it died. We jumped it and it started and i got it home. It's making this rattling noise when you drive down the road, it started making that noise, the first time it got really hot. I have no clue where to even start to find the problem now..

A: You will need to have a mechanic test the c...

You will need to have a mechanic test the cooling system to see if it will hold pressure and not leak out coolant. Another possibility is that the head gasket is blown which is leaking coolant into the engine. The fan needs to be checked to see if it is coming on. Also, the replacement ECM should be checked for proper operation. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose your overheating issue for an accurate repair.