Q: car jerks sometimes but this last time it jerked and stopped

My car usually jerks while driving but this last time it jerked really bad and completly shut off. it turns on but then all power to engine shuts off i have a small transmission leak but had my transmision filled up with 3 qrtz last week

A: Hi there: At first when I read the questio...

Hi there:

At first when I read the question, I immediately thought you might have a fuel delivery or engine ignition issue. However, when you indicated you added 3 quarts to the transmission, it’s pretty evident that you’ve got a pretty serious transmission issue. Since the transmission is a hydraulic system, a leak can have serious ramifications on the operation of your vehicle. The best thing I could suggest is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is leaking transmission fluid inspection to determine if they can find out where and why this is happening, so the right repairs can be made.