Q: Car jerks and stalls 1994 Oldsmobile 98

My car has gone around 160,000 miles. When I drive it for about half an hour, it starts jerking and eventually stalls out. The dashboards shows the check engine light on. It will ocassionally start right away but there would be misfiring of the cylinder number one. Otherwise, I need to wait for a while and try restarting it when the engine is cooled down. I've had the codes read and the error code came up, indicating cam sensor issue. I went to a mechanic who had done may repairs, including cam sensor, air flow sensor, computer and timing chain replacement. Also, the harmonic balancer, ignition control module and gears have been changed too. The wiring is checked out as well. The car has no troubles overheating. What should I do?

This sounds like the cam position sensor is failing. The sensor gets "hot" during your drive, fails, and the engine uses the crankshaft position sensor as a fallback mechanism. This is less precise timing, and results in a rougher-running engine (hence the misfire indication). If you would like to have this taken care of, enlist the help of a certified mechanic to inspect the jerking and stalling issue in order to have this corrected.

3. Car jerks and stalls 1994 Oldsmobile 98