Q: Car jerking occasionally.

The car will be running fine, but then begins to jerk for one or two minutes, seeming like it wants to stall. Then it will straighten out and run okay for a while.

There are countless reasons your car may be jerking. If the check engine light is on, retrieving the diagnostic trouble codes is a good place to start. They at least provide an idea of where to start the diagnostic process. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to pinpoint your problem using professional diagnostic equipment.