Q: Car is suffering a voltage failure

My car is having some sort of voltage failure. My car is very easy to start with a jump or portable battery, and then I will have no problems for about 24 hours. I took the battery to be tested and it is showing as okay, though they said there might be some type of minor voltage problem.

A: The battery cables and connections to the e...

The battery cables and connections to the engine need to be inspected. Corrosion can occur in all of these connections. Also, the alternator needs to be tested to ensure it is charging the battery. A power drain could also cause this problem. Look for lights staying on in the vehicle as well. If you need help verifying the problem, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect your charging system and determine what repairs will be needed.