Q: Car is screeching

My car while being driven from 5mph- 40mph not on the free way makes a horrible screeching noise when being driven: my steering fluid is fine, what are some possible issues ?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The A/C compressor or idler pulley bearing is seized and belt is screeching on the pulley. The tensioner pulley is seized or not holding the belt good with tension. If you would like to have this tested and diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the noise and pinpoint the needed repair.

3. Car is screeching