Q: Q: car is running hot

One day my car ran hot and stopped.i waited for like 20 minutes put some water in it started back up.then after I tried to start it again it wouldn't start anympre. I when a mechanic drained the fluids in my car my oil was milky which they said was my head gasket I've brought a new head gasket after the mrchanic had tried to seal it 2 diffrent times and had it placed on car . I've bought an water outlet also the mechanic says I need I couple of hoses. My question is what do I have to do for my car to stop smokimg

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about the engine smoking problems you’re having with your VW Beetle. Without being there onsite to determine what is actually causing the engine to run hot, it is hard for me to tell you exactly what needs to be done in order to solve the smoking problem - especially since there was water in the oil upon inspection (the milky oil).

It’s quite possible that while your engine’s cylinder head gasket was damaged, water entered the combustion chamber and damaged piston rings, or the valve guides in the cylinder head, which mechanically causes most smoking issues on four-stroke engines. It’s also quite possible that the issue is small, like needing to have the valves adjusted. My recommendation would be to have another professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to your car’s location to diagnose the smoking problem in person and let you know what needs repair.

3. Q: car is running hot