Q: Car is running hot at test drive

replaced thermostat, radiator & cap, car still running hot, no coolant leak, no air bubbles.

A: There are several components that can cause...

There are several components that can cause the engine to run hot. The recent repairs made solve some of them. The other component to think about is the water pump. If the coolant is not being circulated, it won’t ever cool down and be able to absorb more heat. A pump does not have to fail completely to allow this to happen. Even a slow or partially failed pump will cause overheating.

This happens because the coolant heats up faster from the engine than the radiator and fans can cool it. A failing water pump can add extra resistance to the drive belt that powers it. This adds extra stress on the engine and adds to the overheating issue. You should also make sure the coolant in the system is in good condition. Bad coolant will not have the temperature transfer qualities it needs.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is overheating and suggest any necessary repairs.