Q: Car is not moving at Drive Mode while accelerating, was able to reverse

I had to stop at a signal and suddenly the car wouldn't move forward, but i was able to reverse the car. I tried different drive levels with no luck. Prior i used to get thud noise while accelerating.

Hi there. I would need to know what kind of Toyota this is in order to be able to tell for sure what is going on. It does sound like a serious internal transmission failure though. When the vehicle will not move in drive then I always check the fluid first. If the fluid is low then I would add some, but if the fluid level is fine then I check the condition of it. If the fluid is really dark or smells burnt then that is a sure sign that the transmission has failed. You should have a transmission specialist take a look at this.

3. Car is not moving at Drive Mode while accelerating, was able to reverse