Q: Q: Car is not accelerating

I think my car is leaking air, but I can't find the hose. It won't accelerate and doesn't go faster than 25 MPH.

Hello. The leaking air you describe is known as a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak may cause issues such as poor acceleration or limited speed. Vacuum leaks seem to be great at dodging the eye sometimes so I suggest using a smoke machine to help expose the leak’s location. There are a few other factors which could also cause limited speed such as a clogged catalytic convertor, which is a common problem on your vehicle. I would suggest having a technician inspect the vacuum lines for openings and catalytic convertor for clogs. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the accelerating problem on your vehicle and replace any failing parts.

3. Q: Car is not accelerating