Q: Car is having starting and idle issues when its first started or it will shut off

It will start after that but usually have a rough idle and then I have to keep my foot on the gas and the brake or it will stall so my question is any ideas of what it might be the pushing on the gas as I start it gets it to start

Hello there, many different faults will cause your 2000 Ford Focus to die after startup. The fact that the vehicle runs after it warms up tells us there is a fault in the cold start system or a fault that is only visible until the vehicle reaches operating temperature. The most common would be a vacuum leak, fuel pump, exhaust leak, oxygen sensor, spark plugs, wires, coil or a fuel injector. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your dies after starting and make any repairs required.

3. Car is having starting and idle issues when its first started or it will shut off