Q: Car ignition issues

I got the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor changed and experienced a ticking noise in cold weather upon cold starting it. It only goes on for about 10 seconds and fades off. I got my oil changed shortly after that and now when I start the truck up it dies. After turning the key off and leaving it for a couple seconds and attempting a restart it starts and runs just fine.

Hi there:

The ticking issue sometimes occurs when it’s cold and is due to low oil pressure or low oil levels upon initial start-up. It’s possible that the problems starting your car is due to a fuel system issue, either a dirty throttle body, clogged fuel injectors or a mass air flow sensor that is faulty or dirty. The best way to properly diagnose this problem is have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection at your location.

3. Car ignition issues