Q: Car idles; must be put in neutral at red lights. 1985 Pontiac Fiero

I use my car for general driving, but it is not running very well. The other day I happened to meet a mechanic while I was in town and he, too, has a Fiero. He commented that the really nice thing about them is that they are easy to fix and repair. My car has an idling problem. If I do not put it into neutral at red lights and stop signs, it will die. When I'm driving on the interstate, it is difficult to control my car. It becomes very shaky when I reach 60 mph and then becomes very difficult to steer. The car acts like it has its own mind. It gives that feeling like there are a lot of loose screws that need tightening. In your experience, what is causing these problems?

3. Car idles; must be put in neutral at red lights. 1985 Pontiac Fiero