Q: Car idle and transmission problems.

The car idles really high and doesn't come out of park. It also needs a water pump.

A: With the key, press the brake pedal. Do you...

With the key, press the brake pedal. Do you hear a clicking sound each time you press and release the brake pedal? As a safety feature there is an electric solenoid that keeps the car in park until it receives power through a switch at the brake pedal. The solenoid may have failed or the electrical circuit may have a problem. I would have a technician look at the car to test some sensors for the idle control and determine if your water pump is bad.