Q: Car heating

my car temperature is high, then I put water in one of the slot, the slot say washer oil slot, I am suddenly confuse is this the right slot or not.

A: Hi there. There are two tanks usually next ...

Hi there. There are two tanks usually next to each other that can cause some confusion. One tank is the windshield washer fluid reservoir, the other is the radiator overflow tank where you add radiator coolant. However, if your car is running hot, it's likely caused by a damaged part in the cooling system, like a thermostat, the radiator cap or a cooling line is damaged and is leaking coolant. It would be a good idea for you to contact one of our local mechanics to diagnose why the car is running hot in the first place, and show you how to keep an eye on the coolant so your car doesn't run hot after it's fixed.