Q: Car has trouble starting, won't run - 1995 Oldsmobile Delta 88

My car has difficulty starting. The problem occurred about 20 days ago. Since then, I have managed to start it once and get it to run. However, it would usually start and die out immediately. It has gone around 130,000 miles. The car has a new battery, new fuel filter, new coils and a new air filter. Also, I added the cleaner for the fuel injectors, checked the fluid levels, cleaned the MAF sensor. The fuel pressure has been tested. I checked for vacuum leaks and there are none. Do you have any suggestion what else I might check?

Hello. This sounds like this could be a problem with the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) and/or its connector plug. You may notice the tachometer jumping around a bit at idle or low engine speeds, as this is another indicator that the CPS failing or having bad electrical connectivity. If you need help having this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard start issue so that this can be corrected.