Q: Car has sat for over a year

I have not driven this car in over a year. The last time I drove it, the car would shake whenever I would stop. I was just wondering what I would need to do to get it running properly again.

A: Hello. If the engine only runs rough when i...

Hello. If the engine only runs rough when it is at idle then the majority of the time it is caused by a dirty throttle body. If the car has a lot of miles on it then it may also need a tune up, but that is not as common when it is just an idle problem. I typically start by cleaning the throttle body to see if it helps. If it does not then I install a computer scan tool to see what the sensors are reading to see if any of them are reading incorrectly. If you are going to have the vehicle looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle's shaking issue.