Q: Car has been sitting without gas for about a month and now when I try to start it, the starter works 100% but the car wont turnove

Car has been sitting without gas for about a month and now when I try to start it, the starter works 100% but the car wont turnover. Only put one gallon of gas in it so I'm wondering since it has not had gas in it for so long, the fuel compression is not enough and I would have to add more gas to Get the compression to the right level to get the car to turnover.

Hi there. It is possible that the lack of fuel in the tank may be causing the pump to have difficulty picking up the fuel. However, it is more likely that the fuel pump may be damaged, especially if there was no fuel inside the fuel pump or fuel lines. However, it could be something completely different causing your issues, so it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection to isolate the source of this problem.

3. Car has been sitting without gas for about a month and now when I try to start it, the starter works 100% but the car wont turnove